Unboxing | Creating a memorable unboxing experience
What is unboxing?
Over 90,000 people type 'unboxing' into YouTube every month. There are many videos with over 10 million views. Just like the name suggests an unboxing video is exactly that – a video of a product being unboxed. With any unboxing video, it all starts with the packaging, this is what’s first seen, this is what catches our eye and this is what needs to have the wow factor. Unboxing videos have become a crucial part of marketing for Ecommerce Brands recently and below we will explain a bit more about this and how you can create a memorable unboxing experience for your brand.
Why is unboxing important
We have watched the unboxing trend become increasingly popular, it is a great way for a bit of free marketing and also a way to share your brand's story. Statistics also now show that consumers watch unboxing videos as part of their product research before purchasing.
In e-commerce, you have fewer ways to wow customers versus physical retail in a store. However, an unboxing video is a great way to give you that equal chance to really show off eye-catching packaging and an amazing product virtually. This is where you can show what sets you apart from competitors and creates a memorable experience for your customers. It also encourages social media shares, the more you engage your audience the more people will want to share their unboxing experience, so now is the time to create a memorable unboxing experience for your Brand.
How can you create a memorable unboxing experience for your brand?
Here are a few tips we think are helpful,
- Choose Packaging that is the perfect fit- We know that choosing the right sized packaging and correct packing material is crucial for the product, not only to keep it safe and secure but also to show it off to its best potential.
- Product Packaging and Presentation- This is a key component to creating that memorable experience. This is also where your packaging materials come into play, you choose matching tissue paper and labels etc to really help elevate your packaging.
- Create an eye-catching design that really captures your audience- Remember the first thing your audience will see is your packaging, Make it stand out!
- Add that personal touch- adding a little handwritten note of thanks or a small free sample it will really help your customer feel valued, this can really make all the difference and people will be more likely to want to share their experiences.
- Write a bit about you – it’s nice to include a bit about your business and the people within it. This will help to develop a personal relationship between you and your customers.
Product packaging is an extension of the brand that can express your story and what your business stands for. Set your brand apart and stand out from the start with strategic and customised product packaging. For high-quality eco-friendly customisable boxes, tapes, stickers, tissue and more packaging materials, visit our product pages or get in touch today.